No matter when Punxsutawney Phil, Buckeye Chuck or your regional weather predicting groundhog says spring is coming (hopefully sooner than later!), it’s coming and now is the time to get ready for it.
Here are some tips to think about and start planning for to ensure a successful spring sales season!
- Use bright colors on signage: Which customer is more likely to buy from you -the one in a dreary mood or a good mood? It’s probably the customer in the better mood. Colors and season’s affect our moods and winter can be such a grey and dreary season. Infuse some new, bright colors into your spring sales signage and you can potentially perk up a few customers, grab the attention of some new ones and benefit from the increase in sales!
- Go back outside: Get customers thinking spring by promoting whatever outdoors items and activities you sell. Now is the time to start pushing sales for yard maintenance equipment, spring sports gear, spring outdoor activities and spring clothes!
- Bring the sale outside: It might not be feasible to have an outdoor sale tomorrow but now is the time to start buying outdoor signage to prepare to have those sales when the weather breaks. It pays to be ahead of your competition and have these signs at your disposal as soon as the weather allows.
- Spring cleaning: People might be trying to get rid of some things at their house to de-clutter or make room for new items. But, you probably are too. Take advantage of the spring cleaning thing and use new signage to promote some items or products that didn’t perform as well as you’d like. Give them another chance to be sold and help you do some winter inventory cleaning.
- Renewal system: Spring as seen as a time of renewal. It’s a great time to reach out to those who might be in your rewards program or just send a reminder to past customers to thank them for their business and invite them back using some sales incentives. Use signage to promote your rewards programs and renew your connection with your customer base.
- Be a part of a community cleaning campaign: What better way to get your name out there with the spring coming than by putting it out there while helping with a community project like a spring cleaning campaign.
- Sponsor a local sports team: Now is the time little leagues and their teams are probably looking for sponsors. A team with your company name on the uniform or a banner on their ball field’s fence is a great spring advertisement for you.
- Tax time: Offer tax-season type specials. Use signage to encourage them to spend a portion of their tax refund with you or give them incentive to get their taxes filed and bring in proof and give them a discount if they do. It’s an easy way to take advantage of tax season and the spring time.